Thursday 14 November 2013

Things to have with poppadoms

It's so nice to have a few little bowls of things to load onto poppadoms.

Here are a few quick-to-make ideas to go alongside plain yoghurt and jars of mango chutney and lime pickle.


Finely slice an onion, mix with a spoonful of mint sauce out of the jar diluted with a little bit of lemon juice (best made and left to soften for at least half an hour)


Cut a piece of cucumber in half longways and scrape a spoon along to take out the wet seedy centre. Chop it into matchstick pieces (cut along each piece once or twice, then cut across), stir into some plain yoghurt and add a sprinkle of garam masala.


Spring onion finely sliced into plain yoghurt


Red or green chilli chopped into plain yoghurt (some fresh coriander in too is nice)


Please feel free to share your own favourites in comments!


You might also like

Potato and/or Cauliflower Curry

Chilli Prawn Curry


For more ideas, follow me on twitter @Tyne_Teas




Please visit my Intro post for more about my blog and me - I hope you enjoy my recipes : )

No comments:

Post a Comment